
Oh, gad, not more Twitter. After Thing 27, I was at the presence stage of Twitter, willing to give it a try, but that Thing took so much time for so little reward that now, faced with another Twitter time sink, I am in the denial stage. Twitter is terribly tiresome. My library, on the other hand, is in a form of the dumping stage. We are using Twitter in place of having a blog or press releases.
Personally, I see Twitter more as a black hole than as the big bang right now. Also, I don’t want to give the whole world “enough information about you so they have some sense of who you are as a person.” Haven’t we lost enough privacy in the computer age? We have shovel the rest of it out the door ourselves? Isn’t it bad enough that your FaceBook friends now have instruction on how to turn your FaceBook posts into Tweets without your consent? Do you really trust your friends to get the privacy setting right? And that 9 Ways Twitter Can Help in the Real World article? Admittedly some of those ideas sounded good, especially if you have a mobile device (which I don’t), but an equal number sounded scary.
I may come back and look at Thing 31 again later when I have time to waste, but to sum up, Twitter is not currently part of my social networking plan. You don’t like that? Sue me.
3 comments:
Oh, don't be so reticent. How do you really feel about Twitter?
Oh, and it's only a denial stage if acceptance of Twitter can be objectively declared to be a normal or wanted outcome.
I am soooo in agreement with you!
Post a Comment