What a fun thing. I may not be compulsive enough to enter all the books in my personal library into Library Thing. The ones that are out of print won’t get the cute Amazon cover pictures. But it sure is tempting.
I like the way the public libraries use it to highlight new books on their Web sites. We might consider highlighting the books we select with our public patrons in mind. Right now we have a bibliography aimed at the general public, but it is pretty dry. Because we are a government library, the fact that Library Thing has no ads is an important consideration.
My favorite line from The Art of Explanation
2 years ago
1 comment:
Thanks for the recommended reading, Anna. The Kali, Chile, and Antarctica books look like excellent reads to this travel/adventure fan. I suppose it would be good to read the Antarctica book, in particular, one muggy weekend soon. Saint Paul Public Library here I come! Your entries spur me to continue with 23 Things until I can do my Thing 14.
Post a Comment