Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thing 4: Flickr once more

Well, we added to the Minnesota State Law Library tour. (I am working with Elizabeth who has custody of our camera and is also doing 23 Things.) See http://www.flickr.com/photos/9201331@N04/sets/72157600431218715/ . Click on the Slideshow, then click the “I” in the middle of the photo to turn on the captions. The ones we added were the art, the display case and the Depository Library. We were amazed this morning to find that someone had added our tour to his Flickr favorites.

I did figure out how to add hyperlinks and it was indeed obvious--just needed to add html code. I went back and added links to the new book shelf Flickr page that had frustrated me in an earlier post. See http://www.flickr.com/photos/blankann/2572372299/. The way our physical bookshelf is structured, I wouldn’t be able to highlight every new book with its own comment. Even using TinyURL I wasn’t able to put links into the comments that held several titles. The comment space just isn’t big enough. That’s okay, though. We put the books we want to highlight on the stands anyway. Based on the amount of time it took me to create this page, I could probably make a pictorial new books list in about an hour.

No comments: