Travel is part of the reason I am not farther along on the Things. As you can see, my avatar is still on vacation. So this thing was of particular interest to me. Having a friend who is an airline junkie, I decided to read the Cranky Flier. I was afraid it would be too industry-centric, but I found a nice mix of posts, from the efforts of the airlines to offer electrical outlets in coach (a great boon for business fliers) to video from an air trip to the South Seas (looks like fun.)
Igougo has a nice clean and uniform layout with ads pretty clearly marked. It tested the layout by picking Antarctica as a destination (a place I have been, so I know something about it.) All the options are there that exist for every other destination. Clicking on Antarctica Nightlife I found headings for bars, casinos, concerts, nightclubs and theaters—and was relieved to find them all empty. The site did apologize (“Sorry, we don't yet have any Antarctica nightlife reviews. Be the first to share your own!”)
The Twitchhiking around the World journal on MapVivo has to be the ultimate 23 Things Mashup, combining travel journals, Twitter and Google Maps (and don’t forget it includes pictures.) Peoples’ creative use of Web 2.0 tools is just amazing.
It is time to make summer travel plans, so, I chose GreenRoutes from the Mashups list. Alas, there were no markers in the Dakotas. Considering all the tourist destinations in the Black Hills, I was surprised. Guess this site is a work in progress.
My favorite line from The Art of Explanation
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment