Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thing 47 – Evaluation and Final Thoughts

It looked at first as if this round of 23 things would take a lot longer to complete than the last one (and I think it did.) It may have also seemed longer because it started at the same time as two other massive projects that had been on hold. Then we ran into Twitter. If all the Things had required as much time as Twitter, I wouldn’t be writing this now. Fortunately, they didn’t and I did find the time enough to work on everything, either at work and at home.

And, yes, it was worth doing. Although a lot of the Things don’t apply directly to my special library, many are useful and we will remember and use them. Many of the productivity tools will have benefits across the spectrum of work and personal activities. Other things, such as online TV, were just fun to play with. Everything—whether useful for the library, in my personal life, or just good to be aware of—was worth exploring and becoming familiar with.

I hope the More 23 Things Web site doesn’t go away. It is useful for finding things again and for review. Many thanks to the people who put this project together.

No comments: