Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thing 46 -- WebJunction Minnesota

I was impressed with the calendar of events on Web Junction—it included the MALL spring conference as well as the More Things on a Stick deadline. This is pretty complete. The pop-up window showing what the event is about was also slick.

I would have to say that the courses and training opportunities (including through the calendar of events) are the most immediately valuable part of Web Junction. The discussion groups could also be valuable because of the national reach of the membership. I admit I haven’t used it much although it seems as if every time I turn around there is another reference to Web Junction somewhere in the library news. Looking for “friends” I found the same people from FaceBook and the Law Librarians Ning. Web Junction needs to distinguish itself among the other networking sites in order to prosper, but it seems to be on the right track.

No comments: